Mahabubnagar falls in the low rain fall area. There are many hills and tanks in the city limits. The water is present in most of the tanks in the rainy season only. Astonishingly, i observed a lot of birds in the town limits.
I have observed many parrots in the Busstand area, which i never observed that quantity in my life in any town. I observed pegions in the municipal office. I observed Battameka pakshi and other small colourful birds in the peripherals areas. The cranes in large numbers are present.
I observed the following reasons for the making the Mahabubnagar town a city of Birds:
1. The splash Green cover present in the town with age old trees protected continued the abodes of birds. Especially, there are many number of Banyan and pipal age old trees are present in the town.
2. The absence of greenary and water bodies out side the town naturally attract the birds to the town, where they are present.
3. The pedda cheruvu and palakonda cheruvu continuously provide water to birds.
4. The hills with optimum greenary provide living space to birds.
5. Comparitively less number of vehicles provides the un-polluted atmosphere, where birds like to live.
6.Some of the fruit gardens provide food to the Birds.