Saturday , 26 May 2018

Home » Management » Relevance of Parito principle to Municipal Commissioners
Relevance of Parito principle to Municipal Commissioners

Relevance of Parito principle to Municipal Commissioners

Wilfredo Parito is an Italian economist. He coined a principle that 20% entrepreneurs buy the 80% goods, services, etc. Hence, they have to be concentrated for achieving the good results.

In the recent past, our beloved Janardhan Reddy sir, C&DMA has extensively using this principle at the time of reviewing the tax collections, as 20% people has to pay the 80% of tax dues. he ordered to prepare the top 20% defaulters list and to concentrate on them for better results. For the first time in the history of the department, more than 80% of the collection was achieved.

In this regard, I had a motivation/ inspiration to write this article and send to sir and make use of it to my colleagues and also for some additions.

Municipal commissioner job is a seasonal job. The priorities always use to change. For instance, during the rainy season or just before he should concentrate on de-siltatation, anti mosquito operation, tree plantation, Rain water Harvesting, etc. Hence , the person should prepare the list of priorities  and assign 80% of energy to the prioritized list of 20% works as per the season and changing priorities .Here, commissioner shall not neglect the other 80% activities. In the economics, even if the 80% poor and middle class is neglected , that does not cost much. But, here that is not possible as time barred problem exists.

Similarly, during the summer season ,M.C. has to concentrate on seasonal borewell areas, additional  sources of water, hiring of borewells,etc. Summer is also known for planning and resource mobilization.

During the winter season,the infrastructure works has to be expedited.It is the ideal season to execute the works without hindrances.

Another aspect of the administration, if Budget is not persued from November properly,it e delays the  consequent processes of obtaining the administrative sanctions,tender procedure and procuring materal,etc. Subsequently, it drains all the energies of municipal commissioner unnecessarily.

Similarly,if court cases are neglected,staff will reach  to such a stage where 80%

energy has to be spent ,if it reaches to the stage of contempt.

Here, one limitation is that if a company does not concentrate on the 20% poor, it loses its business. But, a Govt. employee cannot neglect anything, if he wants   to be safe. Thus, commissioner should concentrate on everything duly giving excessive prioritization to some subjects. If we leave some subjects like arresting leakages in pipelines, it leads to the cases of dhiorria . Then, it will reach to a stage where all our 80% concentration has to be put

unnecessarily, draining all the wonderful energies and time.

 

Also , 20% of the people in the municipalities does the 80% works. If the head concentrates on the above 20%  people, that leads to 80% achievement. Choosing the 20% right people and decentralizing the works to them and get them done plays vital role in the municipalities.

Relevance of Parito principle to Municipal Commissioners Reviewed by on . Wilfredo Parito is an Italian economist. He coined a principle that 20% entrepreneurs buy the 80% goods, services, etc. Hence, they have to be concentrated for Wilfredo Parito is an Italian economist. He coined a principle that 20% entrepreneurs buy the 80% goods, services, etc. Hence, they have to be concentrated for Rating: 0

About admin

This is Srinivas Bonagiri, s/o Ganga Ram and Anantha Laxmi, R/o Khanapur. Presently working as Commissioner, Ramagundam municipal corporation.

Comments (1)

  • Bubby

    Learning a ton from these neat arlcites.

Leave a Comment

scroll to top
Skip to toolbar