People always blame the Government and political leaders for the increase of the prices. They can do a lot of things and formulate the strategiesto bring down the prices.
The methods are broadly divided in to 9 following categories
1. Bulk purchase
2. Swadeshi purchase
3. Not purchasing unwanted
4. Saving Resources
5. Creating marketing fecilities
6. Encouraging local innovations
7. Addressing monopoly
8. Self production
9. Environmental habits
All the examples here i am citing is not new.But, they are placed in one article.
In the earstwhile Andhra Pradesh State, the Self Help Group members have purchased the rice and other essential commodities at negotiated prices. This enabled them to purchase the commodities at low cost.
Similarly, farmers can buy pesticides and fertilisers at negotiated price in bulk.But, it is not happening. The weavers can purchase the raw materials in bulk at low cost.
2. Purchasing of foriegn goods involves the inclusion of high transportation charges and draining of foriegn exchange. Both of these activities use to escalate the prices. As far as possible, the foriegn goods shall be avoided. In addition to this, Government also impose duties.
3. People have the habit of purchasing the unwanted items. This really wastes the resources and escalates the prices. Gold is one such item consumed in India. The decrement of puchase of Gold following the request of the then finance minister has decreased the gold prices to certain extent.
4. Saving of any Resources leads to decrement in prices. The Energy deficient states use to purchase power from surplus states. This requires a lot of infrastructure . In such conditions, the power charges will go up. If one saves the power. Such conditions does not arise.
Manufacturing of new products required a lot of energy. Where as the recycling the old material required comparitively less energy. May it be a paper, plastic or glass or any thing. Hence, people must make a habit to segregate the waste in to dry and wet wastes to reuse and recycle them . Also , produce Bio- fertilisers, gas and electricity.
5. Marketing fecilities to producers and end users eliminates the middle men and reduce the prices. The poor people in Hyderabad lives due to the better weekly markets fecilities and old markets existing, which make goods available at cheaper cost.
6. The local innovations decreases the prices. This is very much visible in the health and technology sectors. Using the ayurvedic products consumes little amount.Where as the allopathy medicines consume a lot of amount.Hence, local innovations such as ayurveda should be promoted.
7. Using the the different brands of items also keeps the competition among the companies and decreases the prices. If people allows the monopoly of single company in the market, the prices are as per the vims and fancies of the compony.
8. Self production such as vegetables, essential commodities decreases the prices directly. This decreases the transportation and saves energy. In both ways it decreases the prices.
9. The eco friendly habits of having trees and plants saves power. Walking saves fuel. Solid waste Management saves resources. Production of solar energy decreases the power charges. Using ayurvedic plants prevent the diseases and resources and decrease the prices.