Give it up
In the recent past i have been watching the posts against the reservation in the social media , calling for abolishing reservation & implementation of reservation for economically backward classes.
Reservations are statutory and have been implementing since inception of constitution.
Reservations are based on the caste. In the ancient period , most of the castes are based on the profession. In early vedic period the varna and caste was inter – changed with the change of profession.
The new classes of educated youth and Government officers and staff are created during the Rule of British. They are afopted by the Indian Government, as it is.
The aim of the reservations is bringing equality among the people. The subject of Reservations are dealt in the constitution under the ‘Right to equality ‘. Hence, Reservations should ensure the equality among the Indian citizens.
In the recent past, i have observed that children of the professors, Civil servants and other officers are in the selected list of Indian Civil service Examination, duly using the Reservations.
Reservations even to this cream of the society is denying the reservations to the downtrodden adpirants.
It is pertinent to mention that not even a single tribal or scheduled caste youth was directly Recruited as civil servant from my native Adilabad district. Many such areas may be existing. Many poor and deprived people are denied the opportunity.
This has to be corrected.
In the recent past , Hon’ble Prime Minister of India has requested to Give it up the LPG subsidy. More than 20 Lakhs people have responded and gave up the subsidy.
Similarly, Hon’ble Prime Minister may be give clarian call to Give up the caste by higher officials and well developed classes.It may start slow, but unites our country in much needed time.
Advantages of the initiative :
1. The real poor will get the Reservations.
2. Caste system weakens and national integration enhances.
3. Percentage of Reservations comedown slowly, as no higher official and developed will have caste.
4. Merit would be respected and take off the dissatisfaction from some sections, who are opposing Reservations.
5. The very downtrodden, who are asking subdivisions in reservations, will be also happy, as poor people will access reservations. For instance Adivasis, Ghonds and MRPS.
6. It leads to national development by ensuring equality and removing disparities.
Most importantly, I have to Give up the reservation for my children . I made my mind to do so and formulated this proposal .
Acharya. Vinoba Bave had moved every nook and corner of the country to get the donation of lands with the Landlords. Similarly, one such towering personality is required to “Give up the Caste movement “.
If you like my proposal as appropriate, please share it.