1. People don’t know the importance of construction of toilets tbat it upkeeps their health by avoiding the human excreta in to the food chain. Hence, extensive IEC activities have to be taken up for sensitize people for construction of toilets . GoI have also sanctioned grants for this purpose.
2. A few Administrative officials and public representatives take interest in construction of the toilets. Ironically, a few people hinder the construction process. Where ever public is got involved, construction use to be expedited.
3. A few envineers feels that toilets construction is not their duty. Wherever technical staff have shown interest and worked collectively, construction was expedited.
4. Lack of co-ordination among the staff and between staff and public representatives is the reason for delay in construction.
5. The Self Help Groups, Resident Welfare Associations, Non- Governmental Organizations , Bankers are not involved in the construction process at various levels for mobilising people and providing advances .
6. Many people thinks that all the amount required for construction has to be arranged by Government, even though they are not that poor. In such expected situations, it is very difficult to convince the probable benificiaries. “The number of cell phones are more than toilets ” situation reveals the lack of interest of benificiaries for not constructing the toilets.
7. Some times the total benificiaries to an extent of 100% is not identified in the survey. It would be a hurdle in achieving the Open Defecation Free town.
8. A few people makes the wrongful applications for construction of toilets, even if they have toilets. This type of attitude demoralise the staff.
9.The sanctions proceedings do not handed over in a locality to the tune of 100%. This delays the construction, as some people and public representatives hinder the construction.
10. Even after issuing the proceedings, the markouts are delayed or construction is left at the mercy of the benificiaries. At a later stage, many objections are raised on way of construction.
11. Availability of masons for the construction of toilets are not available, making it difficult. Some municipalities have mobilized the masons and a few have impart the training to tide over the situations.
12. The geo-tagging is a new concept. Staff is unable to do it. Training is required. Adequate number of smart phones, smart people are required to do the things properly.
13. Computerisation of applications and payments are required. It requires a huge number of computer operators are required.
14. Immediate payments after completion of different levels is the most required thing for expediting the construction of toilets. But, wherever corruption prevails, payments are delayed, diluting the principle mission of swatch Bharath.
15. Some people convert the toilets into the bathrooms, nullifying the core motto of Swatch Bharat.
16. After 100% completion of toilets, staff don’t concentrate on use of it and don’t concentrate to declare particular locality or ward as open defecation free. If it is the ultimate goal, the objectives of Swatch Bharat mission is achieved.
17. Space is also constraint in slum localities to take up toilets. Community toilets or Group toilets are solution for mitigating the problem.
18. Some officers are reluctant to make a few changes to the design, though it is allowed by the Government of India.