Humans wants convenience, advantage, ease out of any new and innovative system.
Money was created for the same purpose of exchanging the goods with ease. We can find barter system even now in the villages. I had seen barter system in considerably bigger villages in 1980s.
The farmers used to pay the prices of services they received in the form of grain to carpenter, black Smith, etc. But, due to commercialization of agriculture the artisans started demanding the prices of services in the form of money.
Use of money excessively has caused disadvantages to Indian economy and Indian culture . They are as follows;
1. Farmers are looked down.
2. Agricultural is in doldrums and rural economy has ruined.
3. Mediators have increased in every system. Their incomes are more than hard working persons.
4. The prices of goods and commodities prices have increased enormously.
5. People have to buy basic things like water. Nothing is available freely. Everything is charged.
6. People have become selfish.
7. It lead to huge amount of counterfeit currency and its related crimes. Even our neighbour countries got opportunity to destabilise our country.
8. Many other maladies can be enlisted.
The point here i want to bring to your notice is that we have to decrease the maladies out of use of currency excessively.
We may have to resume barter system atleast in rural areas.
Should increase the credit /debit cards to combat counterfeit currency.
You may please suggest some more things.
Share if you like it.
Srinvas, Municipal Commissioner.