Now cold waves are gripping most parts of our country. We have to take precautions.
1. The work timings of Labour, who work in early hours,may be allowed to work half an hour or one hour later than their timings.
2. We should request all the school principals to drop the schools starting times by half an hour to an hour.
3. Use sweater, woollen caps,mufflers, etc. to protect yourself.
4. Avoid moving out in the morning in the cities on two wheeler,due to SMOG ( smoke+ fog) and high suspended perticulate matter. If it is necessary, cover your nose properly.
5. Drink luke warm water in the morning.
6. You can also prefer taking Arjuna (ayurvedic medicine ) in milk to avoid respiratory problems.
7. Have a tree or plan to have a tree around your house, it will take care of temperature extremities.
8.Don’t unnecessarily use the fan or A.Cs in the night. It will aggravate seasonal problems.
9. Remember that Lungs are most important limbs of our body. By weakening it, we are supplying less oxygen to our bodies. There by weakening all the systems.
10. Have a walk in the morning sun, it gives you fitness and vitamin -D to face winter.
11. Consume calcium rich foods like sesame seeds ( not more than 15 gr) with ghood, drumsticks, etc.to get the bones strengthening and fight winter. In presence of calcium deficiencies, one feels the severity of winter.
I request you to share it to other groups.
Srinivas Bonagiri, Municipal Commissioner.