I suggest the following measures for protecting the farmers :
1. Group membrs must impart Trainings for expenditure cutting measures like natural farming , organic farming should be taken up to farmers.
2. Group members should frequently visit the villages and meet farmers.
3. 4 to 5 persons from one village should be trained as Resourse Persons to assist the Group members .
4. Rich persons among the Group should help farmers and provide input costs and buy the farm out put at market rate.So that middle men would be eliminated and all the profit would be reaped by farmer.
4A. We should convene meetings to convince the rich classes to adopt farmers.
5. We should see that farmers should follow water efficient methods and lake conservation.
6. We should see that Farmers should purchase the required materials in bulk from the companies at negotiated prices. For this, Co-operative farming should be encouraged.
7. we should see thatFarmers should prepare their own seeds and seedlings to decrease the input costs. If possible, we should make that village a seed bowl.
8. we should see that farmers should also adopt alternate crops to ensure soil health.
9. Farmers should also get additional income from allied sectors such as Animal Husbendry, fishing, teak plantation, herbal plantation, kitchen gardens, breeding of earth worms, etc.
All the above measures are related to farming. There are other requirements of timely rains , water fecilities , increased water table, technological connectivity and transportation .
In this regard, the following measures are required.
1. Large scale tree plantation and environment Protection measures should be taken up by the Government to ensure the timely rains.
2. Water Conservation measures like protection and Rejuvenation of tanks and lakes should be taken up. Checkdams should be constructed to ensure increased water table.
3. Usufruct plantation should be taken up in the Government lands to provide the additional income to farmers.
4. All the urban fecilities such as internet, telephone connectivity, transport fecilities, health and education fecilities, roads, drains should be provided in the rural areas, as envisaged by Abdul Kalam. These gives the increased negotiating power to the farmers.
The social maladies like illicit liquor, dowery,etc. are also reason for the increased suicides of farmers.
To force Government on
1.There should be insurance for all the crops. In case of failure of crop also, 2. farmer would not be shocked.
Programmes like NREGS should be used for farming development and agricultural operations.
. Marketing and storage fecilities to farmers should be increased. So that farmers can reap the benefits.