1. Council members to be decreased . Too many council members are hindering the administration. Hence, half of the members on present strength is adequate.
2. Strengthening the committees of council. Existing committees like panel committee and contract committee has to be strengthened. New comittees has to be established to monitor administration. The economic power of the Contract committee has to increased to 2 to 3 times, keeping in view of the growing prices.
3. Ward Committees has to be established in every ULB. Regular meetings has to be conducted. Ward officers has to be oppointed for better monitoring.
4. Compulsory training to staff is required. The efficiency levels of the staff in building the file, computerising is shocking .
5. Computerisation is the need of the hour. Many services can be offered online. But, same is to be materialised.
6. Emergency committee is also need of the hour. Chairpersons use to accord sanctions in emergency. But, it used to be unapproved at later stage. One committee has to be established to scrutiny the need of taking it up in emergency. Commissioner has to abide by the recommendation of committee. If it is proved to be wrong, the committee has to bear the responsibility.
7. The M.L.As , M.L.Cs and M.Ps shall not be appointed as ex-officio members of the council.
8. To institutionalize the process, M.L.A may be allowed to decide 20% works of state Government grants. M.P may be allowed to decide 20% works of central Government grants.
8. Separate Indian municipal services shall be created for efficient administration. 30% of officers may be allowed from other states.