Municipal Commissioner job is a very typical job with multi-faceted work. They are prone to many problems. Yet there are some commissioners who created laurels. This writeup is intended to catchup the common qualities of successful Commissioners and dissiminate to the existing colleagues.
They are as follows :
1. He brings the co-ordination among the staff. He organises co-ordination meeting atleast once in a week. He issues minutes of the meeting too.
2. He brings the the co-ordination between the staff and public representatives, from council members to member of the parliament.
3. He chooses the municipality with political homogeneity or bring consensus among public representatives.
4. He involves the community in all his programmes.
5. He swiftly accomplishes the works assigned by District Collector and C&DMA.
6. Improves the Revenue of the ULB.
7. Prioritises the service delivery to poor.
8. He is tactful. He never refuses any one immediately, but surely explains the ramifications.
9. He speaks less though he is an orator.
10. He improves the revenues through various measures, but spends less.
11. He drags the rules but not voilates them. He personally takes care in legal issues.
12. He decentralises the activities and make the staff to own up.He monitors frequently.