Employees of different Government sectors have been implementing the Citizen’s charter in the telangana state. There is a provision of levying penalties for delays. Earlier, there was salutary negligence on levying penalty. But, due to the smart governance and Investment mobilisation , the penalties are made compulsory for the delay.
After declaration of the new state of Telangana, people are desiring to have a corruption free Governance, especially in Rural areas. This is also reflected in the social media. Many people are requesting the telangana employees to give up the corruption. It’s a welcome change in the attitude of the people. In fact it is a way forward for the development.
The transparent mechanisms in the form of computerisation, RTI Act, voluntary disclosure of information, etc. are in place in addition to citizen’s charter.
In this regard, I thought of why corruption is still continued, despite of the transparent and enforcement measures? As per the observation of chanakya, the corruption can be decreased, but not eliminated completely. A thought has flashed in my mind to minimise the corruption that Employee’s Charter has to be implemented. It is not a demand, but it is a tool to minimise the corruption.The design and scope is as follows :
1. Increment -15 days
2. Medical bill sanction – 15 days.
3. Transfer- Through counselling, once in a year, preferably second fortnight of may, so as to not affecting the education of children.
4. Promotion : To be given once in a year, preferably first fortnight of may or before transfers.
5. Earrned leave/ Half pay leave sanction – 15 days.
6. Waiting period regularisation – 30 days.
7. Regularisation – 30 days.
8. Fixing of seniority- 60 days.
During one Conference, I came to know that it is already in implementation in the state of karnataka. In Telangana also it is possible.
I feel it as not comprehensive. I seek suggestions from friends. I also request to share it to the employee friends. I am sure that it eliminates the political pressures on employees to the possible extent. It also minimises the corruption .