Bobbili war was fought between vijayanagaram king with the help of french and Bobbili king. Bobbili king was defeated. Many warriors lost their life. Many historians have not captured the various aspects took place after war.!
The Bobbili war have created many ramifications in socio-economic and cultural aspects as follows.
1.The Velamas were completely destroyed. A few people remained at Bobbili. Their power and prestige was lost.Their power is revived only after some years. By that time many velamas have migrated to Telangana. Presently they are verymuch present in the districts of Warangal, Karimnagar and Mahabubnagar. The solace is that most of them got huge lands in Telangana and revived their status.
Also, A few Velama people have migrated to Srikakulam and Vishakapatnam districts.
Velamas were delienanated from their usual supporting castes such as telagas, Gavaras,etc. But, yellapu community have followed them to Karimnagar and Srikakulam. A few velamas migrated to mahabubnagar district.
The Bairushettis were terrified on the brutal murder of 200 brave women at the verge of war. Most of them have migrated to madras.
The large scale suicides/self killing of women before the war led to merger of yellapus into Gavaras and Gavaras to Velamas took place to mitigate the deficit of women. Many Velama men married Yellapu women in north coastal areas.
A few families have rushed to the forests and merged with tribals to avoid the onslaught .The prence of yellapu rajulu and velama rajulu amog the tribals in north coastal areas reveal the same.
Many people have migrated to other near by districts. We can find a lot of Villages having Valasa as suffix indicates the migration of Bobbili locals to that place. Amudalavalasa , kothavalasa are a few examples of such villages.
French and English have forced many families to work in the foreign lands to avoid further disturbance .They were fecilitated. This is the reason why we can observe Gavara and Kapu families in Malaysia and south Africa.
1. Even after war the soldiers and their families were massacred barbarically. Western people wanted complete elimination of war tribes and prestige of their families.
A few people have migrated to Telangana in the attire of Sadhus to avoid onslaught of enemies .Such families are present in Warangal district with Sadhu surname. I spoke to these families. They even now regret for not fighting against the enemies. But, i consoled them that all the odd conditions were prevailing and no one was present after death of Tandra Paparayudu.
2. Velamas lost their lands and honour. Many of them migrated to Telangana. They got valuable lands, vathans, maqtas and samsthanas in Karimnagar, warangal and mahabubnagar districts.
3. French people could not sustain the power with them. They lost their power to British.
4. British restored the power of Bobbili kings.
1. The Bobbili war led to large-scale unemployment. This has long lasting effect on economy. Foreigners did not develop the irrigation facilities. Even now north coastal area is under developed.
2. The erstwhile ruling communities have compelled to take up agricultural activities in north coastal areas.
3. The large scale migration of Bobbili locals to foreign lands for agricultural purposes have fetched huge amounts for french and British companies. But, created pathetic conditions for workers. Most of them are middle class and lower middle class even now.
4. The migrated Bhairushetti community people have taken up the business activities again.
1. Bobbili women were famous for their valour. Subsequently, the same was not exhibited. But, these families women are ahead in thinking, activities than other caste women.
2. Yellapu families spread the Ayurveda , on their route and in yelagandula. They trained many people.
1. Oral stories of migrants of Bobbili.
2. Observations of author
3. Bairushetty history.
Castes and Tribes of Southern India
By Edgar Thurston, C.I.E., Gavara history.
4. Velama history.
5. Kapu history.